War touches us all. This set of 8 cards honors the Fallen as well as those who Served and Survived.
1. “The Heart Remembers” – Many of the Fallen in WW I found this place to be their final resting place. Architects designed the building to look like the hilt of a sword stuck in the ground, a marker to the war that was to end all wars.
2. “In Loving Memory” – Poppies have come to be the flower honoring the Fallen in WW I.
3. “Crosses and Stars” – The sea of marble markers counts some of the Fallen in WW II.
4. “On Patrol” – It wasn’t easy being on patrol in the middle of winter. These Korean War soldiers are frozen in time at the Korean War Memorial in Washington, D.C during the snow storm of 2009.
5. “Endure” – Viet Nam War soldiers weathering the winter on the Mall in Washington D.C.
6. “More Than I Care to Count” – Lay buried in these rows and rows of marble head stones at Arlington National Cemetery.
7. “Caring for the Wounded” – The American Red Cross has been caring for the nation’s wounded through the Civil War, WWI, WWII and beyond.
8. “Help is Always There” – The American Red Cross along with the International Federation of the Red Cross care for the Fallen, the wounded and those left behind.